Jacquie Jacobi, BHSc. O.T. (c), BID (a); Principal of Field Interior Design, Inc., Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Jacquie Jacobi, Bachelor of Interior Design (a), also a licensed Occupational Therapist, brings her expertise in universal design, ergonomics and construction sciences to her projects. She has a keen understanding of how the built environment profoundly impacts human behavior, health and lifestyle. Jacquie is committed to providing a design that is accountable and responsive to a client’s individual needs, maximizing the degree of wellness, independence and engagement in each end user of a space.
- Explore the principles of sustainable design that apply to the elderly or disabled
- Review concepts of the Aging in Place movement
- Learn what domains of health and function will affect our ability to live independently
- Learn how to conduct an environmental assessment of a residential setting to identify barriers limiting one’s function
- Gain an understanding of some basic home modifications that can enhance safety and functional independence