2013 HCD Corporate Rankings: Top Construction Firms
The results of Healthcare Design’s 2013 Corporate Rankings Survey* are in, showing what architecture/engineering and construction firms rose to the top in 2012, based on several categories.
Companies were ranked by number of healthcare projects completed in 2012, total 2012 healthcare billings, number of RFPs received in 2012, and the number of healthcare contracts signed in 2012.
Below are the results for construction firms that took part in the survey. To see the top architecture/engineering firms, visit www.healthcaredesignmagazine.com/article/2013-corporate-rankings-AE.
For a deeper dive into the results and trends that emerged over the past year, don’t miss the full analysis, "2013 HCD Corporate Rankings: Industry Continues To Ride The Tide," including charts/graphs of business results, snapshot statistics, input on design elements incorporated and spaces focused on in 2012 projects, and insight on market conditions from survey respondents.
*All figures used in these reports were self-reported by 94 industry firms who submitted responses via Healthcare Design’s online survey form. They have not been verified by the publisher, nor does the publisher guarantee accuracy.
2012 top healthcare construction firms
Number of healthcare projects completed in 2012
- Danis Building Construction Co.—167
- JH Findorff & Son—95
- Skanska USA—88
- Gilbane Building Co.—77
- Pepper Construction Group—67
Total 2012 healthcare billings (gross)
- McCarthy Holdings Inc.—$1.3 billion
- Clark Construction Group—$1.1 billion
- Skanska USA—$807 million
- Gilbane Building Co.—$753 million
- Lend Lease—$457 million
Number of healthcare RFPs received in 2012
- Skanska USA—157
- The Walsh Group Ltd.—120
- Danis Building Construction Co.—115
- Balfour Beatty Construction—84
- M. J. Harris Construction Services LLC—75
Number of healthcare contracts signed in 2012
- (tie) Danis Building Construction Co.—79
(tie) Skanska USA—79
- Pepper Construction Group—51
- Balfour Beatty Construction—50
- The Walsh Group Ltd.—45
- McCarthy Holdings Inc.—40