Healthcare Design Honors 2013 Award Winners
Industry professionals who produced some of the most impressive and memorable work of the past year were invited on stage to accept awards at a special luncheon held Sunday, November 17, at the Healthcare Design Conference in Orlando.
With images of their accomplishments projected on a massive screen behind the podium, winners from Healthcare Design’s Architectural and Interior Design Showcase, Remodel/Renovation Competition, and The HCD 10 competitions were honored in front of hundreds of their peers.
Here’s a look at the winners list, with links to our coverage of their achievements:
Citations of Merit:
- Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center (CAIHC), Fairbanks, Alaska; NBBJ
- The Everett Clinic, Smokey Point Medical Center, Smokey Point, Wash.; ZGF Architects
- Homer J. Sr. & Fern O. Custead Care Center, Orange Park, Fla.; AG Architecture
- Tata Medical Centre Cancer Hospital, Rajarhat, Kolkata, India; Cannon Design
- Benjamin Russell Hospital for Children, Birmingham, Ala.; HKS Inc.
- Presbyterian Rust Medical Center, Rio Rancho, N.M.; Dekker/Perich/Sabatini
- Seattle Children’s Hospital, Seattle, Wash.; ZGF Architects LLC
- Family Spaces, Best in Category: Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta/Nadia’s Room; Stanley Beaman & Sears Architecture
- Nurses’ Stations, Best in Category: Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters; PF&A Design
- Architect: Joan Saba, partner, NBBJ (New York)
- Association/foundation executive: Tammy Thompson, president and founder, Institute for Patient-Centered Design (Atlanta)
- Construction/building executive: Andrew Quirk, senior vice president and national director, Healthcare Center of Excellence, Skanska USA Building (Nashville)
- Researcher: Nicholas Watkins, former director of research, HOK (New York)
- Facility manager: Dennis Monty, director of facilities planning, compliance, and special projects, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston)
- Interior designer: Jean Hansen, senior professional associate and sustainable interiors manager, HDR Architecture (San Francisco)
- Owner: Gary Kusnierz, vice president, performance excellence, Ministry Health Care (Menasha, Wis.)
- Educator: Frank Zilm, Chester Dean lecturer on healthcare design, University of Kansas School of Architecture, Design & Planning
- Rising star (under 40): Natalie Miovski, principal and director of healthcare, EwingCole (Philadelphia)
- Firm of the year: NBBJ (headquartered in Seattle).