PHOTO TOUR: Castle Rock Adventist Hospital
Castle Rock Adventist Hospital opened in August 2013 in Castle Rock, Colo., and was designed and built by Orlando, Fla.-based HuntonBrady Architects. Hospital leaders applied their faith-based mission to features such as a large community garden, a locavore-driven restaurant, an outdoor demonstration kitchen, environmentally friendly and sustainable architecture, and a hospital planned around evidence-based design principles to positively impact the healing environment. The four-story, 219,000-square-foot hospital was the second phase in a master plan developed by the architect and followed a 25,000-square-foot emergency and imaging department that opened in 2012. The new hospital joins the ED/imaging wing and is designed to blend with its western locale and mountain views.
- Architect: HuntonBrady Architects
- Interior Design: TJNG Partners
- Construction Manager: GE Johnson Construction Co.
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineer: CCRD Partners
- Structural Engineer: MGA Structural Engineers
- Civil Engineer: S.A. Miro
- Landscape Architect: Norris Design