Healthcare Design’s Brand Mission
Healthcare Design serves an audience of architects, interior designers, hospital administrators, facility managers, engineers, and key members of the construction community as the premier source of insight, information, and inspiration for planning, designing, and constructing new or renovated healthcare facilities.
Through our various channels--magazine, website, events, and social media--we actively engage this community with highly focused editorial content written by professional journalists and industry experts. Our goal is to help our audience navigate the current healthcare landscape and manage the evolving expectations surrounding design/architecture/construction in order to build environments that improve patient outcomes and satisfaction while also embodying high design standards. With every story we write, we aim to serve the very specific perspective of our healthcare design community.
Kristin D. Zeit is the editor-in-chief of Healthcare Design and Environments for Aging. She's been working as an editor and writer for magazines and digital media for more than 20 years, with a special focus on interior design and architecture. She holds a master's degree in journalism from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.
- Sheila F. Cahnman, JumpGarden Consulting LLC, Chicago
- Walter B. Jones, MetroHealth System, Cleveland
- Jain Malkin, Healthcare Designer, La Jolla, Calif.
- Roger S. Ulrich, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden; and Aalborg University, Denmark
- Hamilton Espinosa, DPR Construction, Phoenix
- Thomas Gormley, URS Corp., New York
- Andrew Quirk, Skanska USA Building, Nashville
- Kim E. Shinn, TLC Engineering, Brentwood, Tenn.
- Joseph G. Sprague, HKS Inc., Dallas
- Gary Vance, BSA LifeStructures, Indianapolis