Davis Expanding Hazelwood Medical Center
Hazelwood Medical Center, located in Maplewood, Minn., and developed by Davis, is expanding.
After starting development of an initial 82,000-square-foot phase of the Hazelwood Medical Center last fall, Davis, a Minneapolis-based healthcare real estate development, property management, brokerage and investment firm is now expanding the building to its maximum capacity of 148,000 square feet to meet growing tenant demand. The firm expects to open the facility in October.
The medical complex is located on a nine-acre site west of HealthEast’s St. John’s Hospital in the St. Paul suburb of Maplewood, Minn. Owned by Davis, the facility will enable HealthEast to consolidate many of its healthcare services and specialties into one convenient location. Officials at Davis said the expansion is necessary because of strong leasing activity.
The tenants that have signed leases in Hazelwood Medical Center include:
- HealthEast – 74,800 square feet (primary care, specialty care, lab, pharmacy)
- HealthEast Surgery Center-Maplewood – 22,300 square feet
- Maplewood Imaging Center – 14,700 square feet
- Partners Obstetrics & Gynecology PA – 11,300 square feet
- Central Regional Pathology Laboratories – 6,000 square feet
- Metro Urology – 4,500 square feet.
There will be 14,000 square feet available for lease as part of the building expansion.