Meet The Winners Of Healthcare Design’s 2018 Design Showcase
HCD has announced the winners and finalists of its 2018 Healthcare Design Showcase awards program, now in its 18th year of honoring the best design and architecture in the healthcare industry.
Seventeen jurors, appointed by HCD’s partner organizations (The Center for Health Design, IIDA, and ASID), evaluated this year’s project submissions.
Here's a look at this year’s winning projects:
Award of Merit:
- Centre hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CHUM) (Montreal, Quebec, Canada), submitted by CannonDesign and NEUF Architect(e)s
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (Chicago), submitted by HDR and Gensler
- Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) (Kawana, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia), submitted by HDR and Architectus Brisbane
- University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa), submitted by CBRE | Heery
- David W. Bernolfo Center for Global Vision (Salt Lake City), submitted by FFKR Architects
- Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center (Omaha, Neb.), submitted by HDR
- MidMichigan Medical Center – Midland – Cardiovascular Center (Midland, Mich.), submitted by Hord Coplan Macht
- UF Health Heart & Vascular Hospital and UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital (Gainesville, Fla.), submitted by Flad Architects
- Advocate Outpatient Center – Des Plaines (Des Plaines, Ill.), submitted by HDR and Boldt Construction
- The Birth Place at Olathe Medical Center (Overland Park, Ks.), submitted by HMN Architects Inc., JE Dunn Construction, and Brack & Associates Consulting Engineers P.A.
- Cleveland Clinic Avon Inpatient Bed Tower (Avon, Ohio), submitted by DLR Group
- Memorial Medical Center Patient Care Tower and Surgery Expansion (Springfield, Mo.), submitted by: BSA LifeStructures
- Methodist Mansfield Medical Center (Mansfield, Texas), submitted by CallisonRTKL
- Texas Children's Hospital, The Woodlands Campus (The Woodlands, Texas), submitted by FKP | CannonDesign
All accepted projects will be published in the August 2018 issue of Healthcare Design.