Contract Awarded For Mount Sinai Hospital Redevelopment Project
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Sinai Health System have awarded a fixed-price contract to EllisDon Capital Inc. to build and finance Sinai Health System's Phase 3A redevelopment project at Mount Sinai Hospital. The contract between EllisDon and Sinai Health System is for $288.5 million.
An open, competitive request for qualifications process, overseen by IO and Sinai Health System, began in August 2015.
The project is a large-scale renovation of several key areas of Mount Sinai Hospital, including:
- redevelopment of the critical care unit
- expansion and redesign of the emergency department, operating rooms and surgical services
- increased medical/surgery inpatient capacity
- redesign of some of the ambulatory care areas
- redevelopment of a full-service, in-house medical devices reprocessing department
EllisDon will now mobilize on site and construction will begin, with an expected substantial completion date of fall 2022.