The Health Care Institute Launches HCI North Texas
The Health Care Institute is expanding its local influence with the launch of HCI North Texas. The new Texas component joins HCI Chicago and HCI Midwest as a local representative of HCI activities, in support of the national organization’s mission to enhance the skills of facility management professionals and further the overall profession.
The group’s board of directors brings together extensive experience serving the needs of healthcare facility managers, with backgrounds in healthcare design, real estate operations and project management, as well as in providing product solutions that assist facility managers in meeting their challenges.
Leaders of HCI North Texas include:
- President – Rod Armstrong, FMP, regional vice president of business development for healthcare and higher education, Mohawk Group
- Vice President – Michael C. Walker, RPA, CHFM, director of real estate operations, Texas Health Resources
- Secretary – Jana Gerber, national account director, Schneider Electric
- Treasurer – Dean Woodley, director of project management, CBRE Healthcare
- Membership Chair – Andy Bruggeman, account executive, Mohawk Group
- Program Chair - Dan Killebrew, associate principal, Page
- IT & Public Relations Chair – Jeffrey Eggleston, healthcare key account manager, Schneider Electric
HCI North Texas will provide a regional focus for healthcare facility professionals by providing local meetings, educational programs and networking events. Members also can participate in HCI’s research initiatives and education sessions. Members include hospital administrators, facility managers, design and construction professionals, consultants, vendors and students who serve academic medical centers and community hospitals, retirement facilities, specialty hospitals and clinics.